Feb 28, 2009
While reading the blog Little Ashes en Espanol I found this article that I think is so interesting, I wanted to share it with everybody so I translated as much as I could :D if you want to read it in Spanish go to LITTLE ASHES Spanish Blog :D - Driguerra
ALL WANT TO BE DALI
What is it with Dali that suddenly, there is an fever outbreak in Hollywood for the movie on the life of the surrealist painter Port Lligat? In mid-April will debut on biopic 'Sin Limites' (Little Ashes), in which Robert Pattinson (famous for her role as a vampire in Twilight) plays the artist, but other more illustrious film names that want to get their whiskers: Antonio Banderas, Al Pacino , Johnny Depp and Peter O'Toole. Theme is bast, of course, full of succulent anecdotes to fill hours and hours of footage.
But the fact is that all these other projects come up against opposition from the Gala-Salvador Dalí Foundation, which owns the rights to the works of the artist. Responsible for ensuring that none of these hypothetical film upset 15 years of efforts to reposition the painter in the history of "serious" art of the twentieth century beyond scandals, mischief and legends of all kinds, some relating to counterfeit artwork that punctuated his last years.
"The last thing you need now is a bad film about Dalí to succeed," says Joan Manuel Sevillano, manager of the foundation, explaining how in the past six years have passed through his hands up to 11 scripts to bring the great display the artist's life.
Except for 'Sin Limites' (Little Ashes, in its English version), none has the blessing of the foundation. "Dalí's life and is interesting enough to not be necessary to invent things. It is not our intention to censor, but look for him to address a respectful without hiding anything, but not to trivialize things that are not. Hollywood can change history, and that's why we are strict. "
'Sin Limites' (Little Ashes), a modest Spanish-British production which has cost around three million euros, is focused on youth Dalí and the relationship that the artist set up in the Student Residence with Federico García Lorca (Javier Beltrán interpreting) and Luis Buñuel (Matthew McNulty). The film, produced in Spain by Factotum Barcelona has a script by Philippa Goslett rugged scenes that did not shy away, as the alleged homosexual relationship between Lorca and Dali. The foundation says Seville, sees no objection to talk about this issue, addressed by several biographies, "while retaining the ambiguous tone in which Dalí always spoke of this relationship."
As the foundation is not going to draft Andrew Niccol (director of movies like ‘Gattaca’ and ‘The Truman Show’) to bring to book the controversial film Dalí and me. A surreal story of Stan Lauryssens, to have Al Pacino as a protagonist.
The book is an autobiography of alleged Lauryssens in which confesses as counterfeit dalis unscrupulous and explains impossible dialogues with friends and colleagues visiting artist Cadaqués, friends who will "reveal" their sexual perversions and their alleged collusion in counterfeits. The Dalí Foundation, through the law firm Roca Junyent counsel, has already begun in the court proceedings Figueres complaint for defamation and insults against Lauryssens "which could be extended to the publisher or whoever is necessary," says Seville.
The manager of the foundation, who has traveled several times to Los Angeles to meet with various producers, came to send a letter to Al Pacino agent explaining the situation and asking him to "not be reduced" to come into production. In fact, when the actor was here in Madrid last year, the actor said his interest in playing Dalí, but added: "So far I have not read an all around script, and until there is a tight script, I will not do it."
Which finally gave them to get into the skin of the artist is Antonio Banderas, who has announced that it will shortly begin filming Dalí, directed by Simon West (director of Tomb Raider) and covering the whole of the artist's life by introducing scenes animation of her paintings. Also this script does not have the permission of the foundation.
"I have spoken several times with the West and have explained our position," he adds. "All we ask is to modify the script. Of course you can try to shoot anyway, but anyone who makes a movie about Dalí without permits will have serious problems with us. And so far we have not lost any trial."
On the other two projects announced some time ago, nothing is safe for now, but much dose of rumors. The film with Peter O'Toole, titled Goodbye Dali, there are no solid news. As for Johnny Depp, initially directed the film and interpret the painter seems to be still looking for a script. There are tons of documentation is available to write a script about Dali.
FUENTE: Periódico El País 28/02/2009
being hired for a coveted spot on the New Moon cast, however there has been no official confirmation of any of them being hired.
Feb 27, 2009
Oh! The! Agony!
Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner traveled to Japan to promote “Twilight” — not that it needs promotion these days, but Twilighters are Twilighters, and it’s only fair that those in Japan get their chance to see the stars in person. (Check out photos after the jump, and then take a look at the entire Japanese “Twilight” event photo gallery here.)
The trio seemed very coordinated in their dark ensembles. Kristen wore a tight black dress with white detailing on the bottom, all in what looks like leather. That girl always seems to be in leather these days! Robert chose a dark suit over a brown button-down and olive striped tie, all of which doesn’t seem to match but … since when does Robert match, right? And Taylor wore all black: black suit, black shirt, no tie. Very sleek.
They became major stars overnight thanks to the overwhelming success of their movie “Twilight.” And earlier today (February 27) Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart, and Taylor Lautner were spotted giving Japanese audiences a glimpse of their hit vampire flick.
Greeted by a throng of eager fans, Robert, Kristen, and Taylor looked to be having a marvelous time as they arrived at the big premiere event in the capitol city of Tokyo.
(Go go source)
Nary a day goes by these days without some big ‘Twilight’ news, whether it’s bogus Madonna rumors or Robert Pattinson hitting the Oscars red carpet.
Despite the cold and the snow, fans gathered to see Pattinson and the rest of the 'Twilight' cast walk the red carpet Friday in Japan.
The gorgeous 22-year-old joined 'Twilight' co-stars Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner at the film's Tokyo premiere.
Not letting a little stormy weather dampen their spirits, costars Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner take cover as they arrive on the red carpet for the Tokyo premiere of Twilight Friday in Japan. The trio will return to the set in March to film the sequel, New Moon.
Feb 24, 2009
Some people watch the Oscars looking for Brad and Angelina, Jack Nicholson in the front row, or the annual musical tributes to the past year in film.
Sunday’s ceremony, however, brought a new star to the game: Robert Pattinson.
It was a blast watching the “Twilight” heartthrob navigate the red carpet this year for one main reason: He’s still a normal guy.
Yes, an abnormally good-looking normal guy, but Robert is every bit as self-deprecating, easily embarrassed, and endearingly sincere as any of us would be during our first time at an Oscar ceremony – and let’s hope no matter how big he gets, he stays that way.
(Go to source)
(Feb. 23) - The 81st Annual Academy Awards kept us on our toes, as promised.
Unfortunately, not all of the surprises revolved around the changes in format and casting. Some of the more unexpected moments dealt with the wide range of quality in one small awards show.
(Check out Moviefone's best and worst list, which does a great job of illustrating how high and how terribly low Hugh Jackman and friends got last night.) But after we got a chance to sleep on it, we realized that, as embarrassing as some of the low points were, the high points were too numerous to include in a top ten list. So we've left out the more obvious - of course it was moving to see Heath Ledger's family accept his award, and we adored Queen Latifah's tribute to the late, great legends of Hollywood - and this is what was left.
6. When the camera glanced over Mickey Rourke during the Best Actor segment, it also caught Robert Pattinson in the background, with a strange expression, looking eerily like his vampire alter-ego. We almost expected the camera to pan back to Pattinson with a bloody mouth, saying, "What? I thought I'd dispose of the losers for you."
Read all the rest here
(Go to source)
Meanwhile, at the Academy Awards on Sunday night, Rob talked about how overwhelming his rise to fame has been, telling, "It's insane. This is the weirdest. When [the Academy] first told us about [my invitation to present an award], I was like, 'No, no, no. You're joking!' [I thought] I was going to have to do something really stupid, like get gunged [slimed]!"
Talking about"New Moon," Pattinson adds, "I think there's going to be some continuity. But it's weird, because they are shooting it in a different city [than the first film]. I've talked to [Weitz] a bit, but we've only talked about my character; I haven't really talked about the whole look of it. But Chris is great with visual stuff, so it should be pretty impressive."
Rob arrived at Narita International Airport in Tokyo today, he was received by fans at the airport, all of them waiting for his arrival to welcome him with open arms.
Rob looked great, he stopped to sign autographs and seem happy by the amount of love from the Tokyo fans.
Yes Rob, your fans totally adore you
Team Edward, rejoice! He's an international heartthrob and poster boy for the 'Twilight' series. Now Robert Pattinson can add Oscar presenter to that list. The star is devastatingly handsome in a classic black tux. If only vampires had the vote …
(Go to source)
Feb 23, 2009
Oh, man, did you see that moment when that guy did that thing? Don't worry, we did. Read on and get the full story of Oscar's best, worst and otherest.
Best Performance: Even with the slightly forced "recession Oscars" conceit, host Hugh Jackman delivered a completely winning song and dance to open the show that totally made us forget they didn't hire a comedian. Showing off both talent and a sly sense of humor, Jackman nailed it.
"Best Twilight Crossover: Rob Pattinson brought that undead charm of his to the Oscars, where it was familiar to Twihards and everyone who's ever had lunch with a Hollywood agent."
(Go to source)
Pattinson introduced the clips alongside "Mamma Mia!" actress Amanda Seyfried, confirming his current breakout status and watching a brief cut to "Twilight," which was included in the retrospective alongside "The Wrestler," "Iron Man," "High School Musical" and "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button."
(Go to source)
Making his way from the UK, vampire hottie Robert Pattinson has Hollywood a bit excited as the star of Twilight and the upcoming New Moon and makes his way to Hollywood's biggest stage on Sunday night. He is one of the many big guns brought out for ratings, including a visit from Jennifer Aniston and Jack Black, performing right in front of Aniston nemesis Angelina Jolie and Jen's ex hubby Brad Pitt. Expect lots of reports of backstage talk from Jennifer and Angelina. The showdown already made several tabloid cover for this week.
The next tabloid cover buzz might just be Rob Pattinson. An earlier report notes that we can now expect the Kristen and Robert whispers to start to make their way back into the tabloids. Debra Beste notes that the stars of the terrific vampire series will soon be together again, at least for work, as filming begins for the next installment titled "New Moon."
The success of Twilight has moved Kristen and especially Robert up the food chain of young Hollywood and that means better roles and of course more rumors and speculation about their personal lives and what is going on with Pattinson and Stewart.
OK! Magazine goes behind the scenes and tries to sort out the truth from fiction (at least until the next rumor is started) and has what they believe are seven of the secrets behind the scenes for New Moon. They call it, "7 Secrets of the Twilight Sequel!" Makes sense. They have the photos gallery here and these revelations noting that Kristen Stewart, who plays Bella Swan, will crush the rumors of romance with Robert Pattinson by keeping four-year-love Michael Angarano close. See the seven secrets here.
The British stud arrived at the Kodak Theatre amid screaming fans, sporting a classic black tuxedo, messy hairstyle, and scruffy facial hair.
Teen heartthrob and “Twilight” star Robert Pattinson made his big-league debut at the Oscars! He presented the romance montage with “Mamma Mia!” starlet Amanda Seyfried. The montage included scenes from “Twilight,” “Mamma Mia!,” “Revolutionary Road” and “Australia.”
Seyfried proclaimed that since the beginning of cinema, films have tried to figure several key things about love, with Pattinson adding: “What it is, how to get it, how to keep it and what to do when it goes incredibly wrong.”
Donning a tuxedo, some scruff and his British charm, Pattinson jokingly told the crowd, “I had to become a vampire to find it!” The montage also featured scenes from “The Wrestler,” “Iron Man,” “High School Musical,” “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button” — and did we mention “Twilight”?!?
(Click here to see all of our photos of Robert Pattinson on the Oscars red carpet!)
We’re pretty sure there’s a slew of girls out there who would have helped RPattz find love regardless of his mortality or taste for blood.
(Go to source)
Well, not exactly. But one of our early-rising spies spotted the Oscar-presenting Twilight star grabbing something to eat at the Palihouse hotel in West Hollywood.
A wobbly Pattinson was seen having fun at the Night Before benefit for the Motion Picture & Television Fund at the Beverly Hills Hotel. “Everyone was wishing him good luck at the Oscars,” a fellow benefit-goer says.
But, he kept it real (and youthful) by being a little scruffy and messy. And, it appears his hair is growing out quite nicely from the buzz cut, just in time for him to go back to work on Twilight’s sequel, “New Moon.” He kept it all swoonworthy!
Click here or on the photo to the right to see him in all his Oscars glory, along with the rest of the world’s biggest stars hitting the 2009 Academy Awards red carpet (and stay tuned, we’ll be adding more throughout the night).
- ► 2010 (125)
- All want to be Dalí - Todos quieren ser Dali - by ...
- New Moon Casting Complete, Eclipse Gets New Direct...
- Black Is The New Black At ‘Twilight’ Event In Japa...
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart: Twilight in ...
- Drew Barrymore To Direct Third ‘Twilight’ Film, ‘E...
- 'Twilight' Fans Brave The Sleet & Snow
- Video from karolmitie
- Twilight Premiere - People.com
- Twilight Premiere Tokyo
- This is the reason I can't wait for New Moon!!!
- A Modest Robert Pattinson Classes Up The Oscars
- The Pop Ten: Top 2009 Oscars Moments
- Robert Pattinson Touches Down in Tokyo
- Robert Pattinson arrived in Tokyo
- Oscars Best Dressed 2009
- Best & Worst of the Oscars: Hugh Jackmania!
- Robert Pattinson arrives at the Academy Awards on ...
- Robert Pattinson Brings 'Twilight' To The Oscars
- LA Nights With Robert Pattinson - National Ledger
- Robert Pattinson: Oscar Stud
- ‘Twilight’ Star Robert Pattinson Makes His Oscars ...
- Oscar Weekend With Pattinson, Efron and Elton
- Robert Pattinson Brings His Longer Locks To The Os...
- Robert Pattinson Brings 'Twilight' To The Oscars
- More Robert Pattinson Pics
- Robert Pattinson on Celebuzz.com
- Oscar Pictures so far
- Celebrating Ashley Green's Birthday
- ‘Twilight’s Rachel Lefevre Spills ‘New Moon’ Secre...
- Will Robert Pattinson walk the Oscar red carpet? S...
- Old Interview with Canada AM
- Robert Pattinson Goes Cool in LA
- Summit announces third 'Twilight' - VFilm
- Pattinson vs. Stewart Box Office Battle Over Befor...
- News Flash "Little Ashes" from Regent Releasing
- 'TWILIGHT' FANS REJOICE! Summit Announces Movie Th...
- Exclusive Conversation with Bobby Long - Twilight ...
- Robert Pattinson: Getting Ready for Oscar - E! Onl...
- ‘Twilight’ Exclusive: ‘New Moon’ Art And Official ...
- Do you think New Moon will be better than Twilight...
- Sam Bradley's New Post on MySpace
- Peter Facinelli talks about New Moon
- Fandango Top 10 Sexiest Screen Couples
- E! Online - Marc Malkin
- CQ Central Interview with Oliver Irving / HOW TO B...
- Report: Robert Pattinson To Present At Academy Awa...
- Robert Pattinson to Present at Oscars - Celebuzz.c...
- Great News about How to Be!!!
- Outside the Kodak Theatre: Monday, 5 p.m.
- Robert Pattinson to Be Among 81st Oscars Presenter...
- #1 reason to watch the Oscars? Robert Pattinson!
- Robert Pattinson News - 2009 Oscars
- Sam Bradley : Serindipidous Singer Songwriter
- Kristen, Robert and Taylor going to Tokyo's Twilig...
- Robert Pattinson to Present at 2009 Oscars?
- Danica Patrick is one of us!!! - @<<<
- Jacob Black in Twilight - Taylor Lautner
- Taylor Lautner interviews with EW.com
- Peter Facinelli and Jennie Garth last night with C...
- 'Twilight' Diary: Exclusive Sneak Peek! - EW.com
- The Hillywood Show Spoofs Twilight
- Oscar Night: Twilight In! Gabriel Out! M.I.A. Mayb...
- Robert Pattinson Plays Eccentric Painter Salvador ...
- Robert Pattinson - Los Angeles Times
- Rob and Kristen on the cover of Entretainment Week...
- Cupid's Most Wanted: The Sexiest Single Stars! - P...
- Report: Hardwicke declined huge `New Moon' payday ...
- Which pop culture vampire is your favorite? by aj...
- Spunk Ransom Site has this video from their friend...
- Taylor Lautner is 17 years old today!!!!!!!!
- Robert Pattinson Obsessed with his Twilight Charac...
- Twilight fans to pick Bobby Long’s new single
- Why Twilight's Jacob Black Is Better Than Edward C...
- News from Stephenie Meyer's Official Site
- 'The Ideal Couple' - TU Magazine Celebrating the M...
- My secret crush is.....Billy Burke @<<<
- Tantrums and tears at Twilight audition - Rimes Co...
- Rob in London - Vogue Dinner
- Robert Pattinson by Mark Peterson
- ‘Twilight’ Invades The 2009 New York Comic-Con!
- Twilight Men on 'The Most Beautiful Man' website
- Stephenie Meyer Twilight Books all around the worl...
- Does Zac Efron Still Have "It" in a Post-Rob Patti...
- Robert Pattinson: April's 'GQ' Coverboy? - Celebuz...
- ‘90210’ Vamp To Play ‘New Moon’ Vampire? - Access ...
- What They Wear: Fashionable Fellows - WHO WHAT WEA...
- Stephen King Blasts 'Twilight' Author Stephenie Me...
- NEWS from Stephenie Meyer Official Site
- MyPark Magazine clip news
- Twilight Dawns a new day for 3 musicians - BLAST
- ▼ February 2009 (90)
Twitter / Hibbits
Ashley M Greene
Send Fanmail to Rob
c/o Endeavor Agency
9601 Wilshire Blvd. Floor 3
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
Curtis Brown Group Ltd.
London SW1Y 4SP